Assemblies are an important part of the daily routine at Somers Heath Primary School, giving us the chance to learn together.
All children will have an assembly every day, the order may differ depending on the key stage the child is in but the assemblies will include:
- Whole School Assembly by the Headteacher or a senior member of staff. This may be used to discuss events in school, celebrate an achievement or build the school and ethos.
- Big Question Assembly. This will usually be in year groups and will involve the children discussing a big issue from current affairs or one of our 'Big Questions' which are designed to make you think about your ideas and challenge them.
- Singing. In Key Stage groups the children will learn to sing a wide variety of songs including assembly classics, pop songs and seasonal tunes.
- Theme Assemblies. These will be led by a class teacher in Key Stage groups and will focus on a theme each week. This might link to a national event, an anniversary or a religious festival.
- Celebration Assembly. On Friday afternoons the whole school will come together to celebrate the pupil of the week in each class. If your child is pupil of the week you will be invited to join us for the assembly.